Posted by on
The two-day 2016 Bismarck Baby Expo is Friday, Oct. 21, from 4 pm to 8 pm; and Saturday, Oct. 22, from 10 am to 4 pm, at the Bismarck Event Center, in Bismarck, ND. Coordinated and hosted by the Bismarck Doula Community, the Baby Expo is a must for pregnant moms, new moms, and moms that are planning to grow their family.
1. Safety. Wondering if it's time to switch your child's car seat forward-facing? Not sure what features to look for in a car seat to keep your newborn safe on the road? What about car seat accessories? Attend the Carseat Safety session presented by Burleigh County Public Health. Many other sessions are available throughout the day, with topics like tips for making your own baby food, birth positions, an introduction to babywearing, and tips for increasing your milk supply. View the full list (learning sessions are free with admission).
2. Win! Event attendees can enter to win oodles of amazing door prizes for items like baby gear, products to pamper mom, date night gift cards, and prizes from many local businesses!
3. Fun. Visit the Glasser Images booth for a quick $10 mini photo session of your baby or child and receive one edited photo posted to an online gallery for download!
4. Shop. Shop the latest and greatest products and services for mom and baby. Yes, Bison Booties will be there — we'll have classic and new styles of Bison Booties + Bison Bibs to keep your baby's feet warm and cozy, plus we'll have our entire Favorites Boutique stocked at the show with must-haves like Babiators, Chewbeads, Spuni spoons, amber teething necklaces, swaddle blankets, and much more!
5. Race. We are thrilled to host the first-ever Bison Booties Diaper Derby, sponsored by Kirstin Wilhelm-Keller Williams Roers Realty at the Bismarck Baby Expo, on Saturday, Oct. 22. The speediest crawler in the championship race will win a Chicco Nextfit car seat (value $300) AND $100 Bison Booties bucks!! Participation is limited and pre-registration is REQUIRED. Costumes and festive racing attire are encouraged!
REGISTER HERE >> https://www.bisonbooties.com/diaper-derby-registr...
6. Connect. Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like you're the only mom going through it? I don't know what the 'it' is, but maybe your newborn refuses to sleep, or you have a plugged milk duct, or maybe you just want to meet a few other moms in your neighborhood? Come to the Baby Expo, let's meet!
Feeling lucky? We've teamed up with the Bismarck Baby Expo to giveaway TEN admission tickets for the event (two lucky winners will each win a ticket for themselves and a ticket for a friend). Visit the Bison Booties Facebook page for details and to enter to win. Giveaway ends 10/13/16 at 1 PM CDT.
Lutefisk, anyone? North America's largest Scandinavian festival kicks off this week in Minot, North Dakota, transforming the North Dakota State Fairgrounds into a bustling hub of Scandinavian-centered activity. We've put together our personal annual visit tips to make your family visit to Norsk Høstfest a fun and full one. All photos courtesy of Norsk HøstfestTake the kidsNorsk Høstfest is filled [...]
The night my daughter was born, our first nursing session happened inside the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Meredith had required some brief monitoring post-delivery, and I remember sitting in that wooden rocker, amused at the way her angry little fists punched the air in protest over being made to wait. But, the moment she was in my arms, she took [...]
In your diaper bag: diapers, baby wipes ... and what else? I've handpicked my all-time favorite baby must-haves that I won't leave home without. From my little boy's favorite natural pacifiers, to the necklace I get tons of compliments on (and my baby loves to safely chew!), to the baby spoon that babies naturally know how [...]
When I was a kid, the North Dakota State Fair was a summer staple. Growing up just a few blocks from the fairgrounds meant my brothers and I lived the fair frenzy a little longer than most; we loved seeing those first trucks roll in carrying pieces of the ferris wheel, ticket booths, and carousel, folded in the back at odd [...]
Like it or not, retailers have declared the official start of Back-to-School shopping. Hunting down all the supplies your kids need for another year of learning is one of those tasks many parents dread (this one included). Here are six truths about the experience that should at least remind you: we're all in this together. 1. [...]
Calling all Bison Booties fans! We are planning out our collaboration calendar for the next six months and we'd love to work with you. Are you a blogger, photographer, small business owner, or trendsetter? Email me and tell me about yourself + your social media following >> email@example.comShare with your friends! Can't wait to collaborate [...]
“I can't believe it's really real!” my 7-year-old daughter breathed as she gazed up at the four most famous faces in South Dakota. It was the first time she'd seen Mount Rushmore outside the pages of a book, and her awe at the sight of it made me smile. Growing up in an era when life before iPads and Internet is [...]
Looking back, it's funny to admit: I was a little nervous about our family trip to Medora—would this top tourist destination live up to the hype? And the dreaded question that every mom considers: will my kids be bored?What is it about Medora that makes it North Dakota's top travel destination?Just a quick two-hour drive from [...]
School's out for the summer (yay!) and while it means your life is probably blessedly less scheduled, it can also mean you might hear those two dreaded words before too long: "I'm bored." In the Bison Booties hometown of Mandan, ND, there are plenty of boredom busters right in our own backyard--and we bet your [...]